Privacy, Shipping, and Returns Policy
What personal information do I collect from the people that visit my websites?
When ordering or registering on my sites, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do I collect information?
I collect information from you when you register on my site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter or enter information on my site.
How do I use your information?
I may use the information I collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for my newsletter, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve my website in order to better serve you.
- To allow me to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with you after correspondence
How do I protect your information?
My website, through services by Shopify, are scanned on a regular basis for security weaknesses and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to my site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured Shopify networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Shopify implements a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider (PayPal or Stripe) and are not stored or processed on my servers.
Do I use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off it will turn off some of the features of the site.
I collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to my mailing list or continue to send emails to my clients after the original transaction has occurred.
I do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless it is for business use with specific marketing partners such as Shopify, AI Trillion, Constant Contact, or other marketing partners.
Occasionally, I may include or offer third-party products or services on my websites. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. I therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, I seek to protect the integrity of my site and I welcome any feedback about these sites.
I use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how visitors use the Website.
Updates to this Policy
You can change or review your personal information by emailing me at email@example.com or using the update option at the bottom of my newsletter emails.
Does my site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that I allow third-party behavioral tracking (Facebook, Instagram). I do not specifically market to children under the age of 18 years old.
I agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of my business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe or request PII information be removed by using the link at the bottom of each newsletter email or by your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping costs are not included in the cost of the artwork. You as the buyer are responsible for shipping fees and overseas taxes as applicable. Shipping is calculated at the point of sale, or in the shopping cart. At times, shipping estimates are lower than the actual cost to ship the item. In that case, I reserve the right to charge you the balance in shipping costs with ample notice.
The processing time to ship is up to 5 business days. I will email you notification of when the artwork has shipped. If shipping is handled by UPS or USPS, you can opt in to receive shipping statuses.
Estimated time in transit after the artwork is readied for shipment is between 2 and 14 days, depending on method and carrier of shipping. Most shipments in the continental U.S.A. are received within 1 week. If there are any special needs or circumstances regarding shipping, please email me at email@example.com prior to purchasing artwork.
Local Pickup is available if selected at checkout. Pickup locations are Westwood, MA and Lenox, MA. These can be planned with me by contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Returns and Exchanges Policy
I accept returns or exchanges within 15 days of when you receive the artwork. There are many reasons why you may want to return or exchange a work of art. Within reason, I will work with you to make things right. Just reach out to me to let me know your situation.
You can initiate a return by emailing email@example.com.
However, here are some logical things to keep in mind:
1. I will not refund shipping costs.
2. I will not pay for return shipping, unless I messed something up.
3. You will be responsible for quality shipment of the artwork so that the artwork is not damaged while in your care or during shipment.
4. I will issue a refund for the price (plus tax) you paid for the returned artwork as soon as I receive it and can confirm it is in the same original shape (undamaged). Damaged artwork may not qualify for a full refund; it just depends on the situation!
5. For canceled or returned commissioned work, I will refund all but the deposit, or 25% of the agreed upon artwork fee, whichever is greater.